KNOW PUBLIC HEALTH EPIDEMIOLOGY
DUE 12/12 9 P.M EST
1)How does each of the following conditions influence the prevalence of a disease in a population? For each scenario, assume that no other changes occur. Your choices are: increases prevalence, decreases prevalence, or has no effect on prevalence.
· A treatment is developed that prolongs the life of people suffering from the disease?
· A new measure is developed that prevents new cases of disease from occurring?
· There is immigration of a large number of healthy people into the population.?
· The case-fatality rate for the disease increases?
2) Which type of measure of disease frequency best describes each of the following scenarios?
· Percentage of students enrolled in a college who developed influenza during the spring semester of 2012.
· Percentage of students enrolled in an epidemiology class who had sore throats on the first day of class.
· Percent of breast cancer patients who underwent mastectomy during 2012.
· Percent of men found to have high blood pressure at their yearly physical.
· Number of newly-diagnosed cases of AIDS in a year per 100,000 persons.
· Percent of infants born with spina bifida out of 1,000 liveborn infants.
· Percent of drivers found to be legally drunk at the time of their car accident.
3) Suppose that you are following a group of children for the development of asthma over a one- year period. You identify 100 children on January 1st, screen them for asthma, and set up a monitoring program to check on their status on a monthly basis. Five children are considered prevalent cases because they were diagnosed with asthma before January 1st. Ten children develop asthma on March 1st and another ten children develop asthma on July 1st. Another 10 children who remain healthy were followed for six months and then were lost to follow-up. All of the remaining children did not develop asthma and were not lost to follow-up. Follow-up ended on December 31st.
· What was the prevalence of asthma on June 1st?
· What was the prevalence of asthma on September 1st?
· How many person-months of observation were accrued by this population?
· What was the incidence rate of asthma in this population for the one-year period?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more