This week we have a highly controversial topic that has been debated from many points of views: politics, ethics, religions, and so on. Or you might think this is a highly personal decision in which economics could not play a role. Even in something as personal as abortion or liver transplant, prices and incomes seem to matter. A study regarding abortions shows that where and when the price of an abortion is higher, the number of abortions is lower; and this is consistent with the law of demand.
a) If the price elasticity of demand for abortions is around 1 (or unit elastic), what does this mean? Explain by giving an example.
b) If the income elasticity of demand for abortions is around 0.5, what does this mean? Is abortion considered as a normal good or inferior good? Is it a necessity good or a luxury good?
c) Take another delicate procedure: liver transplants. Would you think the demand for liver transplants is more or less price-elastic than the demand for abortions? Explain your reasoning
1. Post your answer (400-500 words) to the posted DQ responding to the matter asked, instead of repeating the question or not attending to the question. Substantive answers include making comments using concepts found in the assigned reading materials or offering examples from your experience. Hence merely providing a brief “yes, I agree” or “no, I do not agree” postings are not adequate posts
2. Write in correct grammar; any errors will translate to a deduction in points.
3. Check for the spelling; any errors will deduct points.
4. Your responses must be substantive that include your own thoughts, supported with research (at least two external sources other than textbook, and you must quote these sources)
5. Offer a creative solutions in addition to the obvious socio-economic impacts of each topic, such as environment, politic, or other issues.
6. Offer a future recommendation or alternative options for the future with regard to the topic in question.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more