The final section of Chapter 6 examines what Kant considered an imperative. For many of us it may be easier to consider it part of our morals.
Most of us have likely complained about others we see as “users”. They use people as a means to get what they want. They do so because they do not view people as inherently worthwhile, having value independent of what we want of them, and that this respect must always be the priority.
Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of any other,
never merely as a means to an end, but always at the same time as an end.
Kant believed that as conscious, rational, intelligent, sentient human beings each individual is an end, a final product of worthiness that transcends simple usefulness to another. In weeks to come, we will see how this one imperative underpins so many other ethical and practical applications to life.
Question your ethical view of others.
Include the following aspects in the assignment:
· Keep a diary for three days. This does not need to be a formal diary, but you should carry it with you to make notes
· List the people you interact with during the three days
· Consider which, if any, you used as a means to further your end, to get what you wanted
· Consider those who you were careful to ensure were respected as individuals with intrinsic worth
· Reflect on your list. Were you surprised? Saddened? Relieved?
· Share your thoughts. Did the exercise make you more aware of how you use others?
· There is no right or wrong answer here, you will be graded on the depth of your reflection
· This is not a formal paper; however, use proper grammar, sentence structure, and spelling at all times. Use your own words. Copying and pasting is not allowed.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more